Wednesday 3 November 2010

Short story - my dream - part two of part three - FINAL

From me - Again, beware this section does contain disturbing and sexual images, sorry if it offends you, as it wasn't created for this purpose. I simply wrote it. This is my final piece, if it does offend you please let me know and I will remove the posts. But i hope you enjoy it.

Two months later I lay on my bed, hand-in-hand with Coop'. Our relationship wasn't anything new anymore, new scandals had been and gone, and no one noticed us - except Joe. He hated me for hogging his son. I had asked Coop' so many times to spend more time with his father - Coop' insisted that it was more jealousy than loneliness that spawned Joe's new found hatred. So I steered clear.
"Coop'?" I asked, putting my chin on his chest, I rose and fell with it.
"Mmm?" he replied not opening his eyes.
"Why does your Pa hate me really?" he rose, leaning on his elbows for balance. He huffed, exasperated by the question that was always on my mind. "I just want to know the truth."
"Because he know we have, what he and my mother wanted... Love Ci'" He said when I only stared.
"Oh,"
"What?" he asked a slight smirk in his voice.
"Nothing." I said and I lay my head back down to listen to his heartbeat. We lay there for a while peacefully listening to the deep voice of my uncle on he phone on the floor below, the scraping of chairs the wind bashing against the window.
"I hate that." he says. I say, his most common word, hate, can't he find something to love?
"What? What do you hate?" I asked, moodily and sounding very uninterested. He was just about to say when my hormones kicked in, i got up and looked at him as though he had just told me that he had kissed another girl. "What do you hate this time? Because it seems to me that you hate pretty much god damn everything! You hate your dad for the way he's acting towards me, you hate your mum for leaving you, you hate Jason for beating me up, you hate Zoe for getting him to, you hate drugs, you hate cats, you hate the fact that you got a C in your last test, for all I know you could hate my style, my -" I kept going, Coop' stood, I was making him angry, I could see it in his face, his body language, he was so pissed off. But I couldn't stop, he put his hand over my mouth hard, it hurt.
"Want to know something, I hate it when your like this!" he wasn't shouting, it was beyond that - he whispered, quickly and angrily - it frightened me more than the shouting would have. "I love you Cira, but every god damn day you find something new to pick at, I have been waiting for you for so long, and it feels like everything I say pisses you off. I can't do anything right when it comes to you damn it. We are supposed to be in love. And I love you. Don't you love me back? Because surely if you did you wouldn't be doing this to us, yeah I understand that I can piss you off - but this much isn't possible, and if it is, what the fuck are we doing together?" A single tear slid down his cheek, and one strolled after the other on mine.
"I'm sorry," I cried, it was the first time he had told me he loved me. "I love you. I don't know why I'm like this, I know it's bitchy. But.. I don't - " The words were tumbling out almost as fast as the tears, we held each other. "I love you Cooper Haynes. Always have, always will." I whispered. We kissed, and when our breathing became heavy, he began to kiss my jaw, my neck where he nibbled and then kissed to sooth, his teeth grazed my ear - sending a shiver, ripple through my spine. Together we sank back onto my bed where, I pulled his t-shirt over his head, and explored the muscles in his back, the feel of his ribs beneath my touch, we sat on our knees, in each others embrace. I began to kiss his chest. Love ran through me like fire as he slowly drew my t-shirt over my head. We kissed again, skin meeting skin. He felt and teased with kisses and bites, and love. His hands cupped my breasts, and I gasped. "Oh God." I whispered, but he "Shh"ed me. We fell backwards my head on my pillow and Coop' straddled on top. He kissed my belly and ran his tongue over my belly button piercing. I moaned as he flipped the button of me jeans and pulled them to my knees - running his hands up and down the inside of my thighs. He muffled my groan of pleasure with a kiss, and I kicked off the rest of my jeans. Rolling over so that I was on top, I kissed his mouth, his chest, and the space just above his belt buckle, and just as I was loosening the notch there was a loud bang down stairs. My uncle was still in the house, and I was in my underwear with Coop' lying beneath me. He had heard it too, it that second he flipped me back so that again I was underneath him. I wanted more, but not now, we couldn't and he knew that as much as I did. He, in fact was already passing me my jeans, the right way out, so I could slip them on easily. And the same with my t-shirt, his was already on and he was walking out the door. I wanted him to come back, I wanted to get it over with, get the pain I had prepared for. I know that love didn't equal sex, but, I'm so ready, I walked into my bathroom and splashed water over my face. It's coolness cleared my head, it was right for us to stop, we couldn't do "it" when my uncle was in the house. I just wanted Cooper to be a part of me, forever. He would forever be my first and that was always going to be that way. I stood there, looking at my dripping face until Coop' came in to find me, he kissed the base of my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Your Uncle has made dinner." he whispered I nodded, and slipped easily out of his reach. I couldn't get to close again. I coiled my hair into a bun and wandered down the stairs - Coop' close behind. 

We sat at the table in silence, my uncle doing everything possible to get one of us to talk more than to just answer the question. I felt like crap, I wanted to curl into Cooper’s arms and sleep, maybe even have a bit of a cry. Stupid hormones.

"Hey baby girl, what is it?" he nabbed me whilst I was doing the dishes, "What happened upstairs, Cira? Did you two fall out?" He guessed, "I heard shouting but I thought you sorted it out. Did - did some - " he huffed "Did something happen? … Upstairs." The blood rushed to my cheeks.

"What?! NO!" I almost screamed, "I would never do that!" I turned and took a deep breath. "We were just talking, yeah, we fell out." I felt drained already, and I knew that he would talk to the boys too.
I stomped heavily up the stairs so he wouldn't follow me up, but I knew that he would look in when he went up to bed. 
I fell into my room and slammed onto my bed. I hadn't been lying there long when my phone buzzed.

"Hello?" I asked sleepily. There was a giggle on the other line.
"Hey sleepy, Cooper with you?" it was Shannon.
"Well hello gorgeous." I laughed, 
"Why, hello yourself. Are you alone or not?" 
"Yeah I'm alone, what’s up?" I sat up so the covers didn’t muffle my voice.
"Well, I was sat with Olivia, and we were talking as we do and we were wondering if you would come to the cinema with us?"
"Low on money?" I hinted the smile tinting my voice.

"Maybe..."
"Sure I'll speak to my Uncle. Jamie too?"

"Yep, I spoke to her already... Did you want Coop' to come?"

"Um, nah. Just us girls." There was a silence.
"Um, You sure?"

"Yeah! I can be with out him for more than hour you know." I laughed. 

"That’s hard to believe,” she laughed on the other end. 
"So, what’s really up honey, you seem down." she paused, and then launched into her thoughts I lay on my back and we just talked. I must have talked to her for hours. It wasn't until after i had said good-bye that I realized how much I missed my girlie's. That shouldn't have happened. My uncle knocked on my door, just as I stood up. He smiled awkwardly; I guessed he had hoped that I would already be asleep. I smiled back.
"I was just talking to Shannon. We were wondering if you could possibly get us some ticket to 'Life as we know it' for next week?" 
"Well, its a pretty busy showing Ci'" He scratched his neck uncomfortable, he was loosing money and there we a few of us that wanted to go.
"Oh, we were going to pay you back!" I reassured him. 
"Well, I can get you a discount, but I can’t get you any free tickets next week, sorry baby." 
"That's great thank you so much, I owe you Da’" I gave him a big hug, i knew he was uncomfortable going through the Cooper and I phase so, I decided to cut him some slack. 
"So how many do you want?" 
"Umm, four please? We decided to have a girlie day"

"Okay, no problem." he smiled 
"Night Pa, love you." I said as he turned to leave.
"Love you to Cira, more than I can say." I smiled, and he closed the door slowly. 

"Cira!" I heard my name being called from behind me as I walked through the town hand in hand with Coop'. I knew the voice, belong to Shannon, so I stopped. She was with Olivia, the pair were inseparable. 
"Well hello my prize winning lettuce, how are you?" I laughed at Olivia's comment. 
"I'm good, yourself?" I replied 
"Amazing as per usual." She grinned, "We still up for later?" 
"Always" I smiled, waving good bye they left us and we kept walking, I put Coop's arm around my waist and hugged him, I was feeling low and would rather we were somewhere were i could just hold on to him and not let go. He hugged me back.
"Let me take you out for dinner, we never do that." He said against my hair. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Cooper, does this mean i have to wear a dress?"

"I would love to see you in a dress." He smiled,

"I don't do dresses,"

"But, you have gorgeous legs, besides, it would be uncomfortable for you to turn up in jeans." the left corner of his mouth rose in a teasing smile. 
"Damn you win." He kissed me sweetly and we kept walking

"So I'll pick you up at 8?"
"Sure... I'm so cold." He stopped walking and he let go, I shivered as I watched him slide off his black biker jacket, I had always loved that jacket. When he passed it to me, my eyes went wide and I shook my head.
"No! You'll get cold!" 
He looked at me exasperated, "Then keep me warm." I put it on; the coat was still warm from his body. I snuggled into it and put my arms back around him. "Warm enough?" I asked quietly,
"With you? Always" he kissed my head. 
Later, when I was saying good-bye, waiting outside of the cinema for the girls that I was supposed to be spending the day with. They had told me I was allowed to see Cooper, as they would be stealing me away next weekend.  As it was Jamie's birthday and she had booked a spa weekend for the four of us. I was amazingly excited and had been working my ass off for the past four months so that I could afford the treatments, she would pay for the room, the service, we would pay for the treatments. Money didn't grow trees.
We kissed, to the sound of the city and a whistle from the other side of the road. Alex ran over to us grabbing Cooper out of my arms and giving him a manly smack on the back hug. It made me laugh.
“Hey? Where’s mine?” I said, slightly opening my arms, for his hug. With a sparkle in his eye, he pushed my shoulder.
“I don’t like you, go away!”
“Hey!” Cooper said, punching him in the stomach, “What’s not to like?” Alex laughed,
“She stole my bitch.” I laughed, and he turned to squish me. “So, what are you guys up to?”
“We’re saying bye” Coop’ smiled at me
“Eww.” Alex grimaced; he was still a child at heart. Despite him, or to spite him Coop’ pulled me into his body roughly with one arm, and made me lean backwards, like in the movies. The kiss was hot, leaving me breathless. When he stood me back up Liv’, Jay and Shannon were stood watching. I smiled guiltily, and Alex was dragging Cooper away down the road, he winked at me and waved mouthing the words “I love you.” My heart rolled and I sighed, I could never get tired of him.

“C’mon lover girl, you need to get the tickets.” Shannon dragged me up the steps and into the lobby; Uncle Patrick was working the desk, phew. We got in the queue and waited.
“Hey Pap.” I smiled, “Have you got them?”
“Yes. Just give me a fiver.”
“Woo, thank you.” I grinned, and turned to walk away. Then he came out of his booth calling my name, being the boss, he wore a suit.
“Cira, we’re staying at the hotel tonight.”
“What! NO!” my jaw dropped, I hated staying at the hotel, it wasn’t home, and I was supposed to be going out with Cooper.
“Don’t make a scene Cira.” He said in his firm but quiet voice. I stared angrily at him.
“I’m seventeen, I’m going home.”
“I am still in charge of you, until your eighteen, your in my care, would you have done this to your parents? You’re staying at the hotel.” I turned around quickly, and began to walk away, stopping, about three paces away from him, I turned my head and said; “You are my parent.” Then I ran to the screening, just in time for the show.


I was pissed off. How dare he involve them? He had no right to do that; I couldn't focus on the film. I stood and walked out. I could feel people’s eyes on the back of my head - their sighs as I made them move to get out. When I reached the lobby, I could see my uncle, so I walked back to his office. I sat with his head in his hands and his glasses perched on the end of his nose. I noticed the grey flecks that contrasted with his black hair. "You’re missing the film." he said with out looking up.
"I'm going home to pick up my pajama's, want anything? Oh wait, you brought everything you needed, you had already decided. Well see you then." I said, my tone angry and spiteful. I turned, my hand already on the doorknob. I wasn't ready to forgive him yet. "Cira, come here." He was on his feet, and as much ready for a fight as I was.
"What?" 
"Why did you come in here? Do you want to fight? Because if you do, then lets fight!"
"You had no right to involve my parents so that you got your way, as usual!" my voice raised - yes, I wanted a fight. "Why would you do that?" 
"Because, you want the house to yourself with Cooper, you have changed since you started going out with him, and not in a good way. I see those looks, you give him." His voice was louder too.
"No I haven't, what is so bloody different about me?"

"You want sex!" 
"And?! All girls my age want to have sex with the person they love, and no Patrick, its not lust, I love him so much! You wouldn't understand, what that’s like. And you use my parent’s death to your own advantages because you know that it works! You ask me what they would think but I don't know because I don't remember because they're dead! I hate you!" I had never, in all the arguments with my uncle had said that I hated him. Because it wasn't true, I loved my uncle. He had done everything and more for me. He looked down at his shoes and a tear dropped onto mine. I opened my mouth to apologize but nothing came out, then his arms were around him. I sobbed in anger and regret. I regretted everything that I had said. "I'm sorry Pa, so sorry." I cried. 
"Me too, my baby, me too." 
"Okay," I sniffed, "I do actually need to go home and get some clothes." I sniffed and pushed him away. 
"Cira, I will make it up to you, I promise. I just have this dinner tonight and I don't want to go by myself. Would you come with your old man, make him look good?"
"I can introduce you as that." 
"Kay, bye." I left. 

Four hours later I was stood in a black cocktail dress and heels, arm in arm with my Pa. We attended a boring dinner with investors and other old men in overly large dinner jackets and fancy cuff links. Talking about the stock market and whether or not Pa's boys would be taking over the business or whether he was going to sell it. The only one who didn't talk was Joe, Pa's head of whatever it was.
"Well, why can't it come to me?" I asked, sipping 7UP as a group of us stood in front of a large open fire in what the hotel called the "Great Hall". 
"Because dear, you are a female,” replied a pompous man with a ridiculous looking molecule. 
"What has that got to do with anything?" I asked, my annoyance at his sexist attitude showing through. 
"You dear, do not have the proper education nor the sense to run a business this large." 
"Excuse me buddy, but I got all A's and above in my GCSE's and I'm on target to get A's in my A-levels, we don't live in prehistoric ages when females weren't allowed to learn fuck-all. Do me a favor... fuck off back to your own century." I span around and walked out the room, hearing applause from spectators - walking up the stairs I smiled, seeing men and women clapping - arms in the air. The guy was nowhere to be seen. But I couldn't smile; I knew that I had probably just gotten Pa in trouble. Hey, the douche deserved it.  

After unexpected congratulations from Pa when he came up to say that I didn't have to come back down, I ran a bath. I rarely took baths, showers were easier, and to be honest, more relaxing. But hell, why not, I had had quite a bad day and a long one at that. The white bath had huge clawed feet. I poured bubbles into it. I coiled my hair high on top of my head and undressed. I sank into the bath and looked around the room. The bath stood opposite the dark wood door, there was a toilet and a sink, in which I lay in front, then behind me there was a Japanese style painted wooden screen with a chair behind it. I closed my eyes and drank in the atmosphere of the bath. They were relaxing. Showers were just easier. Everything seemed so peaceful, then there was a cloth over my mouth, with a strong hand holding it there, the cloth muffled my screams, I was kicking slapping the water, as the chemical over the cloth sank into my blood steam; soon, I lost control of my body and I couldn't make my legs kick or my arms claw. My body wouldn't - couldn't move. As I began to droop into the water, and just as it hit my eyes someone grabbed my hair and pulled me out and onto the floor. My eyes closed as the pain knocked me out. 

When I woke I sighed, I must have fallen asleep, I went to turn my head to see the time. But I couldn't move and my fingers wouldn't react. Then, I heard someone's voice - deep and familiar. 
"Cira? Hello sleeping beauty." Joe came into my view. He had pulled the chair from behind the screen and sat backwards on it facing me. I panicked, I was naked, and Joe was here, I wanted to move, cover myself, and run. He sneered at me, at the fear in my eyes. 
"So, Cira, you and my son, hey? Has he had it in him yet?" he laughed. My heart was beating fast, I didn't understand. What was he going to do? And, why? He still wore a suit, and kept taking swigs from a large bottle of Jack Daniels, straight whiskey, he was drunk. But that didn't make it any better, it made it worse, he could do worse to me because he wasn't thinking clearly. "Has he, touched you yet Cira?" he said getting off the chair and kicking it across the room, it skidded and fell. He knelt down next to me and began trailing his index finger down my belly. "So soft," he murmured, to himself? Memorized by my skin. "Sad that you can't stop me from doing this..." his finger tailed from my belly and up to my breast, I could feel his touch, but had no control over the reactions of my body. I would have shivered. He trailed his fingers up and down my torso, as tears escaped my eyes. As he did, he talked to me; I was a whore, like Cooper’s mother, who was going to ruin Cooper’s life, like she did his, with a baby. But Cooper wouldn’t have it in him; he was a pussy, who wouldn’t fight. He smiled at me, like he would if he was sane. He had gotten bored of this exercise; he began to kiss the areas he had touched. I wanted to buck, to scream, to kick and scrape. I wanted to get him off me. I was helpless. No one could help me because I couldn't scream, and worse, I couldn't help myself. "Has he got inside you yet, whore?" he whispered in my ear, teeth bared. He straddled me, and slapped my face, then grabbing my chin roughly he kissed my mouth, biting at my lips and my neck, my boobs.
"Has he done this?" he asked biting his lip. He shoved his fingers inside of me, so roughly that I saw black spots; then again as he did, he hit me. Tears still fell, now in pain rather than fear – he was going to rape me, and the murderous look in his eyes told me he didn’t intend to let me tell anyone. He thrust his fingers again - my body, however, didn't react. I heard a shout, and his hand was wrenched away. And for the second time in two years I heard the sound of bone crunching bone and again I couldn't see who my savior was, until my head flopped to the side, Cooper knelt over his father furiously batting him with his fists, tears streamed down his cheeks as he cried "How could you? I thought you were getting better." I wanted to cry out, get him to stop. He would regret beating his father, for me. When he was sure his father wasn't going to get up for a while he stopped and looked over at me, "Cira?" I didn't answer, "Cira?" his voice got louder, "CIRA!" he was shouting, grabbing my shoulders and shaking, he got a towel and wrapped it around me. Holding me in his arms, and it dawned on me; he thought I was dead. He kissed me, no response. Again, he tried, no response, putting two fingers on my wrist he found my pulse and looked confused. Then, he saw the rag, and knew. His tears hit my cheeks, adding to my own. He rocked me "Don't leave me Cira, ever, I love you, please stay with me" and praying for forgiveness, from me, and God. He started, shouting, - names - people down stairs, just screaming for help. I was being loaded into an ambulance, when everything went black.

I woke to the steady beating of a machine, when I opened my eyes everything was a blur. I closed them again. The hospital? It smelt like one. And there was too much light.

When I woke for the second time I was in my room, had it all been just a horrible dream? Then I felt the bandages on the hands holding mine, and Cooper's face, eyes red and fresh tears streaming. 
"Hi." I tried to smile. He put a hand on my face. "You saved my life." 
He shook his head "I saved your virginity." 
"And my life… Do you hate me?" my voice was rough, but he laughed wiping his face. 
"I love you. Do you hate me?" 
"No, I love you. What did you do?"
"My - Joe drugged and was going to rape you Ci'. I think that gives you cause to hate me."
"Why? What I do?"
"Remind him of my mom, and not fall in love with him."
"I didn't mean too."
"I know baby,” he said stroking my hair and battered face. We sat together, staring into each other’s faces.
“What – What happened after?” I whispered
“He’s in hospital, the police want to interview him, and you’re going to have to make a statement too.” He looked down at our hands.
“I’m so sorry Cooper.” I said biting my lip, realizing that it was swollen I let go.
“Don’t be. He is the one that should be sorry, you did nothing wrong Cira.”
We sat, staring at each other, trying to believe I was still breathing.
"How did you find me?" I asked after a while. 
"You forgot about our date, so I came here, expecting to find you waiting, and when no one came to the door, I rang your answer machine. Your uncle said that you were staying at the hotel; I went down there to give you some abuse. If I had gotten there any later... I would never have forgiven myself" I put my finger over his lips and shushed. 
"You asked me to do something in the bathroom." I said - my finger was still on his lip's some he only looked confused "You asked me to never leave you, so, if you promise me, then I will promise you." 
"Cira, I'm never going to leave you, ever. I only plan on saying this to one person, I love you."
I smiled up at him, love seeping further into my heart and he leaned down to kiss me as the door burst open - the boys and my uncle poured in like milk. I supposed I was really quite lucky. 
They sat on my bed and we ate ice cream, they were the story of my life, but hey - I couldn’t complain. 


* From me - I hoped you like the story, I definitely did writing it. As for what happens next, let me know what you think... Do they stay together forever? 

Let me know your thoughts on it, I'd love to hear them*

No comments:

Post a Comment